Messing Around With Lucene .NET

I have just left a job, and am about to start a new one, but just before I  left one of the other guys in my team was tasked with writing something using  the Lucene search engine for .NET. We had to search across 300,000 or some  objects and it appeared to be pretty quick. We were doing it in response to a  user typing a character, and no delay was not noticeable at all, even though it  was going through loads of Rx and loads of different application layers, and  finally hitting Lucene to search for results.

This spiked my interest a bit and I decided to give Lucene a try and see if I  could some up with a simple demo that I could share.

So that is what I did and the results of that can be found at this article:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/609980/Small-Lucene-NET-Demo-App

Enjoy

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: